CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, December 21, 2007

Short Story II

Due to the underwhelming response I recieved from my last post, I suspect that my short story was so awesome, it left everyone speechless. Nothing could make me happier. However, thanks to those who had enough discipline of mind to actually leave comments. Your comments are the fuel of my spirit.

So, prepare to be awed with the next portion of the story. Are you ready? Strap yourself into your seat and grab a paper-bag....

Liam cautiously rolled onto his side. Wincing with pain, he sat up. His head wobbled and he braced himself with his arms. He closed his eyes because the whole world was waving back and forth like the water in a bowl that has just been shaken. It took a few minutes for him to stabilize himself. In order to avoid thinking about the many areas of pain throughout his body, he focused on how he ended up in a gutter with a broken body. He reflected on the previous night, scenes of violence flashed in his mind. He tried to remember why he had been beaten.

It was a Wednesday night. Wednesday night’s were unexciting for Liam. He would start his dinner around 6:30. He may watch T.V, but there weren’t any shows that interested him. He would restlessly pace around the house searching for something to keep his mind busy. He may call his parents, or he may go on a walk. Inevitably, he would wind up in bed around 8:30 or 9:00. He would read until midnight and then wake up happy because Wednesday was over.

This Wednesday started as uneventful as the rest. By the time Liam had started his drive home for another boring evening, the world seemed to explode in chaos. As he approached the freeway to enter, he noticed that all traffic was stopped. Not just on the on-ramp, but traffic was stopped on both sides of the freeway. Liam tuned his radio to a local all news station.

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, honey, you keep me wanting more. I see this could go in about 3 or 5 different directions. I know you love the Zombies, or you could have some disaster or aliens or something. Very cool. I also like the amensia angle. Keep writing. We like it

WonderKitty said...

This is a good continuation Kersten. I am glad you are explaining what happened to Liam, Do you know where this is going? Or are you waiting to see what happens as much as we are?

Nik English said...

this is awesome! keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

You rock Kersten! I LOVE reading your stories!

Dave S. S. said...

I fart in your general direction

Anonymous said...

Good news! I saw a dog today

Anonymous said...

the eyes are the groin of the face

Kiel v. said...

I like where you're going with this. But the rest better come soon and it better make me root for the protagonist. . . [shakes fist a-la Homer J. Simpson]

Make me root for the protagonist!

Nik English said...

We need more friend!~!! you are slackin!