CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, December 03, 2007

Raspberries to the Gateway!

Saturday night, we were treated to a movie and movie snacks by our good friends, Ryan and Christine. They asked us to meet at the Gateway around 7:00. We arrived early, fearing the length of time it would take to park and wait in line. We had about 45 minutes to walk around and window shop before meeting our friends.

The movie was enjoyable and it was nice to be on a date. After the movie, we grabbed a few parking validations so that we wouldn’t have to pay for parking. We were stuck in the claustrophobic parking structure for 30 minutes, waiting our turn to get out. When we presented our validation to the parking attendant, I was rudely told that they only accept one 2-hour movie validation per car. She then brusquely told me that I owed her three dollars. I handed the parking witch my debit card. Her rude tone turned into poorly veiled anger as she told me that debit cards are not accepted and that she needed cash or check. I lost my temper. I told her that she was ridiculous. Thankfully, Laurie had cash. As I handed the witch her cash, she gave me a sarcastic ‘Have a good night’. My hackles were raised by her rudeness and I insulted her with a “Blow it out your ass" before I pulled away.

Perhaps I took it too far, picking on a single parking attendant. But I really felt like I was telling Larry H. and his horrible company off. The parking witch represented the Gateway and represented the policies created by Larry H’s company. I am still seething about the lame policy at the Gateway that forces movie-goers to pay for parking. The movie tickets and snacks are already outrageously priced.

I am grateful to my friends for treating us to a show, and if I had to pay for the movie tickets myself, I would be even more upset. I will never choose to go to the Gateway to see a movie again. I have plenty of other nice theaters within a 20-minute drive that don’t charge for parking.

6 comments:

Nik English said...

Amen Reverend

Laurie said...

Oh, honey. You are hilarious. I can tell it bothered you for you talked about it the whole way home. It was fun to go to the movies with you. The parking was totally ridiculous

Gatnnos said...

LOL!! You are an Austrian Monkey!

Mimi said...

Its Christmas parking should be free! thats what I think

WonderKitty said...

It's Larry, you should be glad that you werent charged to get into the parking lot, not to mention leaving.

Trooper King said...

My friend lost his parking pass that you get when you go in the gate. So he pretty much had to show the every form of i d and pay seven dollars to get out over parking in a empty lot. He got so mad about it he had like six dollars in quaters that he paid with. So i agree pay parking is dumb don't they rape us enough at the movies or at any of the stores down there.