CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kings Peak

This summer, I decided to summit Kings Peak. Kings Peak is the highest mountain in Utah and Boy Scouts summit it all the time. I figured if they could do it, so could I.

I went with some friends from work. The whole adventure was epic; primarily due to the epic stink I developed after 3 days of backpacking with no shower. I had a great time and am very glad I went on the trip.

Enough rambling...here are some pics:
The view from a resting spot we found during the beginning of our ascent.

At the base of Kings Peak.

At the 'almost summit' waiting out a thunder and hail storm. It descended upon us rapidly so we found a safe spot to wait it out. Most of the other people on the mountain ran away in fear....suckers!

Me at the top of Utah, enjoying the spectacular view. Notice the greenish, wispy fumes emanating from my body? That's 100% Man Funk!


2 comments:

Nik English said...

Ten of the Mountains!! Those are awesome pics!

Laurie said...

So so glad that you were able to fulfill this dream. You are a wonder my man. It is really sexy and manly that you like to go backpacking. I love ya