CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween Moochers

Although Halloween is thought to be a holiday in which comic mischief is allowed, I believe that civilized communities need to maintain some etiquette during the festivities.

For example, when trick-or-treating, you need to wait for the resident of the house to open the door in order to obtain your treat. It is considered poor manners to walk into someone’s home and demand candy. Likewise, it’s crucial for members of the community to give and take in harmony. If you take your child trick-or-treating in your neighborhood, you must give candy to the other children in the neighborhood. Sadly, my small family has disturbed this Halloween harmony by only taking candy and not giving any in return. The disturbance to harmony dawned on me as my son trudged up the steps of the last home on our block with 6 lbs. of candy weighing him down.

Let all of my neighbors rest assured that next year, we will provide treats to their children, just as they gave treats to my child. Thus harmony will be restored and the spirits who roam the Earth towards their final destination on Halloween do not need to be perturbed by the break in balance.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Break in Balance. You are so hilarious. Our son did get a haul of candy. It was fun to watch them learn the etiquette of halloween

Nik English said...

You are going strait to hades!

Gatnnos said...

This is really funny! Please tell me Noah walked into peoples homes demanding candy!!! That is tooo funny! I can only imagine his sweet froggy hopping in and screaming for the sugar! LOL

WonderKitty said...

Nik and I made up for you Ten, we gave, but did not take. Your spirits may rest in peace.