CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Christmas Miracle

Laurie and I have been yearning for a recliner for years. It all started when I valiantly promised that I would purchase a nice recliner for my wife during her first pregnancy. Unfortunately, I was unable to live up to that promise. She reminded me of her desire every time we saw a nice recliner. It wasn’t a direct reminder; it was a more subtle reminder in the fashion of women. Something like: “Boy, that recliner would sure be nice. I would really enjoy sitting in it during late nights with our babies.” My guilt at not being able to provide a recliner for my wife was enhanced by my own desire for a comfortable chair to relax in.

Thanks to the majesty of selflessness during the holidays, we experienced a Christmas miracle that has allowed me to maintain some dignity, but has also granted us a beautiful leather recliner. My parents heard us talking about a particular recliner at Costco. They set out to purchase this recliner for us and surprise us with it for Christmas. However, before they had their chance to surprise us, Laurie and I found that there was only one chair left in the valley. My parents discarded their wish for a surprise and bought the chair for us yesterday. It’s so comfortable that it’s probably a sin to sit in it for too long. Laurie and I were taking turns sitting in it last night.

11 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh, the majesty of the recliner. Even this morning Noah was sitting in it and said that it helped his back feel better. I thought that was so funny. It did feel a bit sinful to sit in it last night. Oh, we are so blessed. Love ya

Nik English said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
WonderKitty said...

Oh Nik! Even joking that is not funny! I am happy you were able to get your awesome recliner. Everyone deserves something like that in thier lives!

Erin said...

And you will use that recliner every day until one of your (teenage) kids jumps on it and breaks it and it doesn't recline anymore! And by then, hopefully you can afford a new one!!!

Nik English said...

boom boom!

Gatnnos said...

WOooo Hoooo! A new recliner!!!! WOW!!!! CONGRATS!! I am JEALOUS!

Nik English said...

I got a chance to sit in said recliner...I dont think I got out of it until we left :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you have a comfortable place to sit and relax. Word of advice: Don't do your ninja moves on the recliner when it is reclined! They break.

Laurie said...

ckidujusdivjsdduij jdcjszdfsvdkisjr
ufvbjubkbliaiiiv
9sri9ergo0oegleillllllllllllllllhhhhhhhhssaaaaaaaasahhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllljjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyymmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn

Mimi said...

I cant wait to see this chair.....I need to come over more I am feeling very Flurer deprived

CTuna's Cavern said...

Way to go ... Heinz and Monica. We'll get the magazines... hee hee